Sunday, August 10, 2014


THE LAND / 2014

Perhaps I am impatient,
Perhaps I am in a hurry,
But I feel the time pass.
I feel weeks and months
Evaporate before they appear.
I have known years that have lived
And died, some with grace,
Others with such a lack of
Dignity that I feel the shame
Of the passing of an unfulfilled life.

Once you can change your perspective you
Can liberate your vision.
Your thoughts can be digested with taste
And your ideas can be worn with pride.
Sink low and deep, see the density of the
Ground upon which we walk and feel the
Stillness.
Catch the flicker of light as it reflects the
Web of consciousness and stare into the
Dry brittle roots of habit.
Observe the depth of the shadows as they
Elongate their essence, towering beneath
The gravel surfaces of our time.
Still.
As the all powerful sun prepares it’s
Nest amongst the pines, sinking slowly into
A state of suspense, refusing to quite
Let go of today’s moment.
Sense the gratitude well up inside you as
This great master prepares you for your
Solitude.
As you lean your heart into the crystalized
Surface of the rock, you reach out to feel
It’s protective edge.  It’s very boundary
Is that which gives you clarity of being.
The trust that has built up between you
Allows you to roam the land,
Motionless.

I dream of the land, our land.
I dream of the birds, our birds.
I dream of learning a new language, the
Language of Life.
The howling of winds
The rustle of leaves
The intellectual cries of crows
The shifting grains of sand
The flutter of beating wings
The bubbling of the spring.
As the subway deafens my soul,
As the mass of people
Suffocate my breath,
As the strip lights blind my heart,
I dream of love, your love.

As night falls I nestle into myself.
As dawn breaks I curl up into you. 

The last whispers of truth crackle in the silence 
Sharing stories from an ancient time, weighting 
Each shrub to this magical land.
The recently reddened skies now bleed dry with
A harsh chiaroscuro which bathes
The tips of the shrubs in warmth, whilst
Abandoning their roots in shadowed shame.
The birth of a new day holds promise for a
Deeper understanding of stillness.
I crave this stillness.
As duty tears me away into the chaotic rhythms
Of unconscious activities, of calculating minds,
Of artificial rituals to establish 
One’s powers or beliefs,
As I leave the peace of this land, my most
Treasured gift, may I hold within my being
This moment.
This moment of stillness.
This stillness within. 

I know not the way
But year after year
As the elephants have entered caves,
Travelled to their depths, blinded by the complete
Darkness, all to catch the
Essential mineral of life, led
Merely by generations and generations of
Knowledge, inherently known, not taught,
I too will enter darkness, I too will trust
The blinded path.
I too will follow the guides
Of generations before, who will lead me to
Life, to the essential being of life, to
My essential being.
I know not the way,
But I shall know the way...



















No comments:

Post a Comment